Thursday, February 07, 2008

Free Pictures!

Whee! According to Journalism.co.uk, Getty Images is partnering with PicScout to make millions of pictures available for posting on blogs like this! Read the Press Release for details.

I always try to use pictures from free sites (like MorgueFile), but honestly, for many subjects the pickings are slim. So yes, I use pictures from websites and online archives, hoping that the fact that I fully credit the source will spare me from legal consequences. After all, it's just a blog. Really.

But I've used Getty Images for a paid gig and their collection is in-effing-credible. So I will be eagerly monitoring PicApp.com, which is currently in Beta, waiting for them to give me the enchanted entree to The Mystical Archive Palace. My tail is switching back and forth. . . .

No comments: