Thursday, December 11, 2008

Two extremes in Writing Today

Two things, at opposite ends of the technology continuum, occupy me today.

The first is this article in the New York times Magazine, about the state of media and the place of writers.

"...we have to change. We have to develop content that Metamorphoses in sync with new ways of experiencing it, disseminating it and monetizing it."

Huh?

So much of what author Virginia Heffernan says goes over my head that I feel like an ostrich with my head in the sand. Hopefully, someone will call me when people are ready to switch from Twitter and Hulu to The Next Big Thing. That way, I'll be in on the ground floor and will understand where I fit.

The second item is Victorian in comparison. The new Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Resolution: 101 Stories...Great Ideas for Your Mind, Body, and ...Wallet has a story of mine in it. How drool: write a little essay, send it in, get included in a book and paid.

But I got paid! I have yet to figure out how to get paid for social networking my patootie off.

No comments: