Friday, February 27, 2009

FYI: Woo-hoo! New Publications!

Not that I get royalties or anything, but the first two books in a series of eight have been published. I contributed to them, and (nice surprise) I'm even listed as a contributor.

So--presenting the FYI books, edited and compiled by Ken Leiker. For now, you can only get them at Barnes and Noble online. (Don't know why Amazon is dragging its feet.)

In spite of the titles, the 150 questions in each book covers all sorts of topics. The animal kingdom, food and drink, sports, science--weird (bodily functions) and otherwise (space, meteorology, all that stuff), health, traditions, history, etc. Here are some sample questions:


  • How many idiots owned a pet rock?
  • Who gets the royalties when "God Bless America" is sung?
  • Did some popes have children?
  • How terrible was Ivan the Terrible?
  • Why do we wear costumes on Halloween?
  • How many First Ladies were crazy?

Those are my topics, btw, along with Typhoid Mary, castrati singers, the ancient Maya, mistletoe, red skies, and femme druids. I can vouch for the accuracy of the information !

I'll blog again--with links--when they get on Amazon.

No comments: